BA (Simon Fraser), JD (British Columbia), LLM, JSD (NYU)
Faculty of Law
tel: (613) 533-6000, ext. 77603
fax: (613) 533-6509
- Criminal Law
- Sentencing and Imprisonment
My research is in sentencing, prison law and punishment theory. Some current projects include:
- The relationship between sentencing and conditions of confinement.
- The concept of imprisonment as a deprivation of liberty.
- Litigation and social change.
- “The Origins of Unlawful Prison Policies" (2015) Canadian Journal of Human Rights, Vol. 4, No. 1, 91–119
- "The Chronic Failure of Control Prisoner Isolation in US and Canadian Law" (2015) Queen's Law Journal, Vol. 40, No. 2, 483–530
- "Contesting Expertise in Prison Law" (2014) McGill Law Journal, Vol. 60, No. 1, 43–94