The following documentation is required for admission to the upper year categories:

  • Official transcripts of all law grades received. Transcripts should include academic records of all undergraduate programs and subsequent graduate work and should specify the courses taken, the grades, the degree and the standing obtained and provide a legend to the grading scheme. Official transcripts are required from all postsecondary institutions attended, including transcripts from studies as a visiting or exchange student. If you have undertaken undergraduate studies outside of Canada and the United States, you must have your foreign transcript assessed by World Education Services (WES) or an equivalent service. If you have undertaken graduate studies outside of North America, you are not required to have your foreign transcript assessed by WES or an equivalent service, although such assessment may be requested. Candidates from the National Committee on Accreditation (NCA) must have their NCA assessment sent directly from the NCA. If an official NCA assessment is provided, applicants are not required to send original transcripts from outside Ontario. See
  • Certified copy of the LSAT score report form. You are not required to take the test if you were admitted to a Canadian law school without an LSAT score report. Upper-year applicants who have never written the LSAT will not be required to take the LSAT.
  • A personal statement outlining the reasons for seeking admission to Queen’s Law School. (See the personal statement section under the section “First Year Admissions”.)
  • At least one, but no more than two, confidential academic letters of reference from instructors at the current law school. A non-academic reference may be filed by NCA applicants who have engaged in the practice of law.
  • For Letter of Permission and transfer students, a letter from the Dean or Associate Dean Academic attesting that you are in good standing and have not been the subject of any disciplinary sanction or investigation for misconduct on academic or non-academic grounds.
  • Letter of permission from the previous law school, if admission is being sought in this category for one or both terms of third-year JD degree studies.
  • For the NCA category, you must provide a current letter of recommendation from the NCA that specifies the courses and conditions upon which a Certificate of Qualification would be issued and any subsequent correspondence with the NCA that pertains to progress in courses stipulated initially.​
  • Other documentation and information as the Admissions Committee may request.