Located in the heart of Tel Aviv, Tel Aviv University (TAU) Law Faculty is Israel's premier law school. It offers renowned faculty, vibrant student life, opportunities for extracurricular activities. Small by design, the faculty's impact on the legal world is measured by its accomplished graduates and its ongoing scholarship and outreach through numerous centers and projects.
Each year the Faculty offers courses in English. Permanent faculty members, all experienced in teaching courses in leading universities abroad, teach five of these courses. In addition, the faculty offers a variety of concentrated/intensive courses, taught in English by visiting professors from leading universities abroad. There is also a possibility of doing a two or three-credit supervised research paper.
Exchange students may also participate in courses and activities of the Overseas Student Program (OSP), which is extracurricular. Exchange students may take one free course in the OSP, excluding the Hebrew language course.
- Tel Aviv Faculty of Law
- Exchange Program Information
- 2022-2023 Exchange Program Information Form
- Exchange Program Calendar
Dates vary with the Jewish (lunar) calendar. In general:
- Semester 1: Mid-end October to beginning-mid January
- Semester 2: Beginning-mid March to beginning-mid June.
Each semester runs for approximately 13-14 weeks. The Faculty at Tel Aviv tries to concentrate a significant number of courses in the first eight weeks of each semester to allow foreign students to be back home for their next semester or graduation. The courses taught in English are intensive courses lasting between three to eight weeks. Some of the courses may start in different dates during the session.
This makes either semester doable for Queen's Law students.
Full-time Course Load
Students on exchange must successfully complete 12-14 credits at Tel Aviv University to obtain 15 transfer credits.
TAU Add/Drop Policy:
- Semester-long courses: Add/drop during the first two weeks ONLY.
- Quarter-long & condensed courses: Add/drop must be done before the third lesson ONLY. (Class may meet twice/week, so the period is shorter.)
- Maximum number of changes (either add or drop) is 4. More than 4 requests cannot be accommodated.