First Year & Upper Year
* Subject to change
- 2020-2021 Course Information Spreadsheet (Excel)
- 2020-2021 Course Catalog *Please note that the courses listed may or may not be offered in 2020-2021; refer to the Course Information Spreadsheet for current offerings.
- 2020-2021 Course Information Presentation Slides
- Timetable tool
Each student is responsible for ensuring that his or her program fulfills the academic and credit requirements for the JD. The degree requirements with full details are stated in the academic calendar at http://law.queensu.ca/jd-studies/jd-academic-calendar.
- First-year mandatory courses (36 First-year credits)
- Credit Requirement: 59 Upper-year credits (Including Business Associations & Civil Procedure in 2L AND Legal Ethics & Professionalism in 2L or 3L)
- Substantial term paper requirement
- Practice skills requirement (3 credits)
- Advocacy requirement (3 credits)
- Residency requirement: First-year courses and a minimum of 28 upper-year credits must be taken as Queen's JD courses in residence at Queen's Faculty of Law.
Links to SOLUS Help for Enrollment Appointments and Course Swap
- Adding Courses (PDF)
- Swapping Courses (with yourself!) (PDF) ***Preferred method to make course changes!
- Dropping Courses (PDF)
Visit SOLUS Central: Managing Academics for more help items.