Jeff practises corporate and securities law at the Vancouver office of Miller Thomson LLP, focusing on advising local, national and international companies and securities dealers on their Canadian activities. Jeff acts for several of the larger BC based public companies and private equity groups, and has been involved with a number of friendly and hostile M&A transactions and proxy fights.
He also provides advice to boards of directors on matters including corporate governance and directors’ and officers’ liability.
Jeff completed a secondment with the BC Securities Commission in 1987. He worked in the areas of corporate finance and policy and legislation, and was a member of the commission’s Securities Law Advisory Committee.
Between 2000 and 2015, Jeff was an Adjunct Professor (Securities Regulation) at the University of British Columbia Faculty of Law.
- International Private Equity Committee of the American Bar Association, Vice-Chair
- Canadian Bar Association (past) Chair, CBA Securities Section, BC Branch, Member
- International Bar Association, Member
- Canada Committee of the American Bar Association, Past Vice-Chair
- Vancouver Chapter of Association of Corporate Growth, Member
- Instructor on various subjects, including private placements, venture capital, shareholders’ meetings, continuous disclosure and securities practice