For First-Time Hires
(ie you have not worked at Queen's in the past 12 months), we will need the following:
- Completed Provincial tax form
- Completed Federal tax form
- Completed Casual Agreement Form signed by your supervisor with hourly rate and funding source. OR
- Completed Casual agreement form for EQUITY TUTORS ONLY, signed by Helen Connop, Manager, Education and Equity Services
- Direct deposit information – completed Direct Deposit Authorization Form (to open form: right click link and select 'Save As', save to and open from your computer) and VOID cheque or deposit authorization slip from your financial institution.
For those who are returning employees or being hired in a different position, we only need a completed Casual Agreement Form (with your supervisor's signature). A Casual Agreement Form is required for EACH position being worked.
See Submitting Completed Forms and Timesheets below for more information
Please visit the New Employee Payroll Information page on the Financial Services website for more information.
If you are a new or returning employee, and have not already done so, please contact the Information Technology Services (ITS) Help Desk at 613-533-6666 to obtain a New Net ID (this will be an employee Net ID and different than your student Net ID ). The Employee Net ID is used to access the MyHR portal (to view your employee information and obtain your pay slips) and to set-up an employee e-mail account.
PLEASE NOTE: An Employee Net ID cannot be obtained until all required documentation has been submitted, received and processed. Law Casual Pay will advise you via e-mail when your paperwork has been processed.
Your NEW Net ID will need to be activated here on the HR website.
Keep your student and employee identity separate!
Queen's ITS urges all student employees to keep their student and employee identity separate and use your employee e-mail address for work-related e-mail. For more information, please visit Employee NetIDs for Teaching Assistants and/or other Student Employees webpage and read the Fact Sheet on the University Secretariat and Legal Counsel site.
How to get paid
- Submit all required documentation (see above)
- Fill in a time sheet (please make sure all areas are completed – an example of a properly completed timesheet - excluding the required signatures - can be found here).
- Obtain your supervisor's approval and handwritten signature on timesheet. If your supervisor is off campus, send your completed timesheet to your supervisor, copying Law Casual Pay, to obtain supervisor's approval and signature.
Submitting Completed Forms and Timesheets
Completed forms and/or timesheets can be submitted to:
- Amber Oomen in office 512 in Macdonald Hall OR
- the designated drop box across from office 511 in Macdonald Hall
For auditing purposes, hard copies are preferred. If you or your supervisor are located off campus, and it is not possible to submit hard copies, please contact Law Casual Pay to make other arrangements to submit your completed documents.
Password protect your completed documents before sending them by e-mail!
Completed forms contain personal and confidential information. If submitting forms via e-mail, password protect all documents before sending and send the password in a separate e-mail.
- For auditing purposes timesheets must include your signature AND your supervisor's signature (supervisory approval is required in the form of a signature).
- Human Resources prefers that you submit your hours every 2 weeks (the deadlines are typically on a Friday). Please refer to the Payroll Calendar.