For First-Time Hires

(ie you have not worked at Queen's in the past 12 months), we will need the following:

For returning employees or employees currently working at the University, we only need a completed Casual Agreement Form (with your supervisor's signature). A Casual Agreement Form is required for EACH position being worked.

See Submitting Completed Forms and Timesheets below for more information.

Please visit the New Employee Payroll Information page on the Financial Services website for more information.

Employee NetID

If you are a new or returning employee, and have not already done so, please contact the Information Technology Services (ITS) Help Desk at 613-533-6666 to obtain a New Net ID (this will be an employee Net ID and different than your student Net ID ). The employee Net ID is used to access the MyHR portal, where you can view your employee information and obtain your pay slips, and to set-up an employee e-mail account. 

PLEASE NOTE: An employee Net ID cannot be obtained until all required documentation has been submitted, received and processed. Law Casual Pay will advise you via e-mail when your paperwork has been processed.

Your NEW Net ID will need to be activated here: NetID Profile Manager.

Keep your student and employee identity separate!

Queen's ITS urges all student employees to keep their student and employee identity separate and use your employee e-mail address for work-related e-mail and do not forward your employee e-mail account to your student e-mail account. For more information, please visit Employee NetIDs for Teaching Assistants and/or other Student Employees webpage and read the Fact Sheet on the University Secretariat and Legal Counsel site.

How to get paid

  1. Submit all required documentation (see above)
  2. Fill in a time sheet (please make sure all areas are completed – an example of a properly completed timesheet - excluding the required signatures - can be found here).
  3. Obtain your supervisor's approval and handwritten signature on timesheet. If your supervisor is off campus, send the completed timesheet to your supervisor via e-mail to obtain supervisor's approval and signature (copy Law Casual Pay on the e-mail).

Submitting Completed Forms and Timesheets

Completed forms and/or timesheets can be submitted to:

  1. Amber Oomen in office 512 in Macdonald Hall; OR
  2. the designated drop box across from office 511 in Macdonald Hall

For auditing purposes, hard copies are preferred. If you or your supervisor are located off campus, and it is not possible to submit hard copies, please contact Law Casual Pay to make other arrangements to submit your completed documents.

Password protect your completed documents before sending them by e-mail!

Completed forms contain personal and confidential information. If submitting forms via e-mail, it is highly recommended to password protect all documents and send the password(s) in a separate e-mail.

Timesheet Reminders

  • For auditing purposes timesheets must include your signature AND your supervisor's signature (supervisory approval is required in the form of a signature).
  • Human Resources prefers that you submit your hours every 2 weeks (the deadlines are typically on a Friday). Please refer to the Payroll Calendar (NOTE: cutoff is flagged on the payroll calendar typically every second Tuesday; however, timesheets are due on the Friday prior to cutoff to allow time to submit hours).