Room Booking Policies
Classroom booking priority is given to, in order:
- academic programs
- faculty/staff/student-sponsored events
- general bookings by faculty/staff
- bookings by students for meetings and/or club activities
Classrooms cannot be booked by students for study. During the examination period, classrooms are reserved for examination administration.
Please note that as per the Queen's University Fall 2021 Event Planning and Travel Guidelines, only events that are educational are permitted at this time. For more information on what constitutes an educational event, please visit the University's website here.
Student Lounge booking priority is given to, in order:
- LSS-sponsored events
- Bookings by law students for club-related events
- Faculty/Staff/University-sponsored events
Note: the Student Lounge cannot be booked by students for study.
This space is not for study groups, club meetings etc.
All bookings must abide by the current University Policies on Booking University Space.
- Bookings are for group work only, private bookings will not be allowed.
- Groups may book a maximum of three consecutive hours, and are limited to one booking a day. Groups cannot make bookings under different student accounts to book the room for the group for more than three hours a day.
- Bookings are available during Learning Commons open hours.
- Sound carries. Please be considerate of students working in the open study area and moderate the volume of discussions.
- Return the space to the state in which it was found, ensuring trash and recycling are placed in the appropriate receptacles.
NOTE: The Learning Commons is a study area and all students using it must comply with the same protocols that are in classrooms. This means that there is no eating or drinking permitted in the commons. Additionally, masks must cover your mouth and nose. Those who do not comply with these rules will be asked to leave the commons.
Students who do not comply with the policies listed above will have their room booking privileges taken away.
Students who wish to book a room in the Learning Commons for group work can do so here.
If you require space for individual use, for academic purposes (i.e. zoom meetings with professors or online classes), please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Booking - Classrooms
Booking - Student Lounge
|Room (Click to see calendar)||Booking Request|
|Student Lounge||Request this room|
Student Lounge Hours
Monday-Friday: 8:00 a.m. - 10:00 p.m.
Learning Commons Hours
Monday-Friday: 7:30 a.m. - 11:00 p.m.
Weekends: 8:30 a.m. - 11 p.m.
Monday to Friday: 7:30 a.m. to 12:00 a.m.
Weekends: 8:30 a.m. - 12:00 a.m.
Learning Commons Diagram